Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sand Dunes, Camels, and Dolphins


Elizabeth and I booked a dolphin watching tour with 3 of my housemates and one other girl.  The tour also came with camel riding and sand-dune sliding.

This is on the bus on the way!
From left to right are: Erika, Tillie, Kristen, and Keara.  I live with the first three.


We first stopped at some massive sand dunes on the beach.



This is Eliz and I with our camel, Ruby.  She played in the movie Nim's Island that recently was released in the States, so she was kind of famous!




Ruby liked her close-ups.


The camels walked over the sand dunes and onto the beach.  It was pretty cool.  This is the other girls on their camels.

Elizabeth and I on Ruby, taking the lead!



Also at the dunes we did perhaps my favorite thing I have done so far, sand-dune sliding.  They give you these board type things, and you put wax on the back of them and slide down the giant dunes.  This is us at the top of the hill!




We raced down!

I almost ran into Eliz at the bottom!

The only bad part about this whole thing was the walk back up the hill after you slid down!


Anyway, finally we got to Port Douglas and got on our dolphin-watching boat.



We saw a bunch of dolphins and they were much bigger than the ones I saw in New Zealand.  I think I saw Flipper!  




I thought this man was so cute with his 2 dogs and their matching lifejackets, I think they were Beagles.


I took a few pictures of him, he really didn't want those dogs to drown!


This was such a great day, we had a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment