Saturday, May 9, 2009

Elizabeth is Here!

I had been anticipating Elizabeth's trip for weeks and it finally came time for me to pick her up in the airport!   After a few hours I realized that nothing had changed and Eliz is still the exact same as I remember her (according to this picture).  Actually though, she was tired from her long plane ride and slept while I studied and took my midterm in Economics.


We decided to hit the beach on Eliz's first morning in Sydney.  I took her to one of my favorites, Bondi Beach, and we walked around and attempted to get some sun.  The weather is perfect these days, but just a tiny bit too cold to lay on the beach, you can see that the actual beach isn't that crowded. 


We took a walk up the rocks and around the harbor and Elizabeth loved it.  She reminded me of the first time I had ever been to Bondi because she just kept taking picture after picture, it's so beautiful!


We also enjoyed watching the surfers.


After the beach and our walk we ended up plopping down in the park area on some grass and eating some pasta and pumpkin salad that we bought in one of the shops.  We also took about a million jumping pictures!
   


The next day we went into the city with two of my friends, Kristen and Keara, and showed Elizabeth around.  This is us in front of the Opera House.  I love watching people's first reactions when they get into the city and see the amazing buildings.  Eliz loved it all!



After walking around the city for a while, we ended up in the Royal Botanical Gardens.  We were pretty tired and decided to take the lazy way and ride the train through the gardens.  It was a nice and informative train ride though, and we got our money's worth by sneaking onto it a second time!  So we know our way around the gardens pretty well now!


The largest bats in the world live in these gardens.  They looked like leaves on the trees there were so many of them!


I had a field day taking pictures of these fascinating little animals.  It made Eliz and I remember when Mom used to read Stellaluna to us!

Finally the sun went down and we watched fireworks on Darling Harbor for it's 21st Anniversary Celebration.  They had the fireworks coming out of an island in the middle of the harbor and also from 4 jet-skis.  It was great!

 

Finally we got home and Eliz and I made some lovely card dresses for my roommates to go out in that night.  I believe the theme was "anything but clothes."

No comments:

Post a Comment