Thursday, April 30, 2009

Katie's School!

After New Zealand I flew back to Bond University where Kaite spent this semester studying.  It is in the Gold Coast, which is known in Australia for the magnificent weather and beaches.  This is Surfer's Paradise, and the tall building is the tallest residential building in the Southern Hemisphere.

After Kaite and I hung out at Surfer's for a while, we took a 2 hour walk down the coast to the next beach, Broad Beach.  It was the longest walk I've ever taken on a beach, but I really liked it!


Bond had just finished up its semester, it is on the American system, so Katie and all of her friends had a farewell dinner at The Lake, this kind-of fancy restaurant with incredible food.



I got a pig belly.  This guy suggested it for me because I am from the south.. which I'm not sure what exactly he was implying by that, but I got it anyway and it was delicious!



This is the whole group!


Min, the girl to the left of me, was celebrating her birthday that night as well!

Finally, on one of the last days there, a bunch of us met at this pancakes place where Katie and her friends had yet another last meal.  
 




I finally left and came back to Sydney.  I had been gone for almost a month so I was glad to get back, although I had a lot of work to catch up on.  One afternoon my roommates and I were kind of bored and we had all of this Easter candy that their moms had sent.  So we put this peep.. well really it was a little marshmallow bunny, into the microwave and blew it up!


That next week, before Katie flew back to the states, she flew to Sydney first for a last visit!  We met up with Courtney and Marie, two of the girls we went to New Zealand with, and walked around the city!  


Finally we went to another pancakes place in Sydney one night.  This is Katie and I waiting for our food, we were starving!


Finally Katie left and I had a week before Elizabeth flew in!

No comments:

Post a Comment