Friday, April 3, 2009

Rugby Game

I went to my first Rugby Game!  The Sydney Roosters were playing the Eels from another city.  This is the rooster mascot, you can also see the field in the background!

Before the real game began they had the little kid's rugby game going on.  They were actually wearing mouth guards and tackling each other!  I was shocked but very entertained!

We had really close up seats which was good, we got to see all of the action!  

I didn't really pick up much from the game, I couldn't follow it at all.  I was expecting it to be similar to football, but it definitely isn't.  It is very intense though!  

I thought this little guy was especially cute with his big hand.  Whenever the Roosters would do something good, he would point that finger up in the air and cheer.. it was really cute!  Also you can kind of see, but he is wearing a rugby jersey.  Almost every single Australian was wearing one and cheering on their team!

There was a bachelor party going on in the seats next to us, and they got quite rowdy.  At one point they called in the police and security because they were throwing bags of chips at people.  That actually might have been more entertaining than the game!




No comments:

Post a Comment