Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bushwalk

One day we decided to do a bushwalk.  Before I left, Mom gave me a book on Sydney's 25 Best things to do and it has a bunch of random walks and hikes.  This particular bushwalk was from Toronga Zoo (located on the harbor) and ended at Balmoral Beach and it took about 3 hours.

This type of spider is everywhere here.  This one was particularly huge.  They lure their prey into their webs and kill them, you can see them above her entangled in the web. 

This is what the bushwalk looked like.  It was all fairly shady, which was lucky for us because it was such a hot day!  Some parts were steeper than others, but all in all it was a nice walk along the waters edge.

These flowers were on the hike, it's the first time I had seen any like them.. I thought they were so beautiful.  I picked some and carried them around with me for the rest of the day, but by the time I got home they had died.

Here, the Sydney Harbor opens up to the Pacific Ocean.  It's called The Gap.  I thought that was a neat picture, it just kind of looks like a drop off into nothingness.

Our walk took us to several different little beaches and to various lookouts.  There were lots of sailboats on the harbor this day, maybe because it was kind of windy.  We finally arrived at the last beach and I fell asleep on my towel for a little while.

Finally, at the end of the day, we took the bus back to our train station and decided to get some Chinese food.  This was the first real restaurant that I have been to since I left America where they sat us down and actually served us our food.  It was very nice.  This is what I ordered, it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment