Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sarah Beth Comes!

Alright, so even though I have been back in America for a month or two now, I wanted to finish describing my big trip and bid this Blog farewell.

I last left off where Elizabeth had just flown home and my friend, Sarah Beth, was due to arrive in a few days.

Before she arrived, though, it was my housemate Erika's 21st birthday so we made a cake and spaghetti and threw her a little party!


This is the group in our living room.


Finally, the next day, I went and picked up Sarah Beth from the airport and we had a very happy reunion! That night some of my friends were having an "International Dinner" where everyone made food from their homes and brought it to share.

This is Sarah Beth and Jawaan at the dinner!


This is Obed from Guatemala and Sacha from Australia ...


..and Pablo from Columbia..


.. and finally a group shot!

The next day I took Sarah Beth into the big city of Sydney for the first time. On the way she took me to my first sushi restaurant. This particular one was a sushi train and the dishes came by our table on a conveyor belt and we just picked what we wanted, I loved it!

That is my arm and you can see the conveyor belt where the dishes came right by our table.




Then we took the train into the city and saw the Opera House.


We had to stop and listen to some Aboriginal music and pose with this guy!


After more walking around and taking in the sights we stumbled upon a jet-boat. We didn't really know what to expect, but we figured we might as well try it so we hopped on!
It ended up taking us all around the Sydney Harbor at ridiculous speeds and we got soaked, it was awesome!

This was our driver, we liked him and he told us we should definitely come back and do it again (which we did later on).



Finally, after a long day we got on our dinner cruise that we scheduled the night before and set off for a relaxing meal. We also got some beautiful pictures of the sun setting over the harbor from the back of the boat.


We got home that night and were exhausted from all the walking and sightseeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment