Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shark Tank, Wine Tour, and Bondi Beach

One night my program had its Farewell Dinner at the Sydney Aquarium.


There were a bunch of tables and a buffet set up in the private dining room. It had a huge glass wall that backed right up to the shark tank!

These are all the girls in my program, which was AIFS (American Institute for Foreign Study). I was the only one from the South!


We liked the sharks!


The next morning Sarah Beth and I woke up early and headed off for the famous Hunter Valley in wine country.

We booked a wine tour which included a bus tour through the Hunter Valley to 5 different wineries, a gourmet lunch, and a few other stops.


At each place we got to taste the wines.


We saw some wild kangaroos on the way!


This is all the girls from our bus tour, we all became friends!



We also stopped at the Smelly Cheese Shop and got to sample the cheeses. They were actually really good!



I thought the wine-making process was extremely interesting. The wine makers had their vineyards separated according to which types of wines they were making. Certain grapes were used to make certain types of wines.


At our lunch we were served different types of wines. Each wine had a certain number which matched up to the foods that we were supposed to eat with it.



I always like to get a group shot!



Finally, at the end of the tour, our bus driver stopped at a famous gelato place.. which was my personal favorite of course.



The next day Sarah Beth and I headed to the famous Bondi beach (which I have written about numerous times in this blog).


We mainly just walked around and went in the shops because it was really too cold to be on the beach.


We also took the hike around the coastline and saw this man who lives on the rocks. I saw him there every time I went to Bondi.


This is my housemate Kristen and Keara, they went with us and we took jumping pictures.




I have about one hundred pictures from this walk up along the coast.



It was so beautiful.



Finally, at the end of our walk, we stopped and made our marks on the beach... this was Sarah Beth's!

No comments:

Post a Comment